Wednesday, May 11

reality show o rama

Caught the Amazing Race finale tonight. I have watched this show in the past, but only once this year. So I don't really know the contestants. What caught my eye were the locations. They were in Aguadilla Puerto Rico, then Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. At one point, the eventual-winning couple picked up their clues after dark at El Morro, in San Juan. That would be cool in a spooky way, if you could just see by the moon and camera crew lights, and could hear the waves coming in. Time travel there would be something. Anyway, the winning couple was going to use the money to have a baby, he said. Everyone was clapping. There was an odd, but nice moment where the winners had to ask for help from passers-by to pay their cab driver before heading into the final stretch. For some reason, at the previous pit stop that wasn't an elimination round, they had to give up all their money and travel without. Still, they came back to win, and had to rely on asking for things along the way. I think the person who translated Reyes helped them the most, as well as their not cracking when they were behind. The editing made it look like he hit the green in his second, their third, try, in the golf challenge. If so, that was a big help too in making up time.

I caught American Idol before that, as I am done working Tuesdays. They're down to four contestants, and the judges seem to like Bo, even Simon. On his second song, Simon said, in praise, that version should go on your live album. I was watching with my eyes shut for the song part. The crowd sounded into it, but the words didn't stick with me. He looked comfortable, as did Carrie.

Anthony sang a song, If You Don't Know Me. Hmm. There were parts, prominent parts, that the backup singers were doing while he held a note. That's all I noticed. I was a percussionist, so no music critic here. Still, I think he may be the next one leaving.