Friday, August 26

Lend me some sugar. I am your neighbor.

In case you missed this advice Tuesday from Dear Abby:

DEAR ABBY: I am 62 and my husband is 93. Our next-door neighbor, "Sam," likes to expose himself. Other than that, he's a good neighbor and always ready to help out." ...
-------
Also, I must follow up on this post. The Sox went 5 and 9, with one rain out. To put a positive spin on this, that's 5/14 = 0.357142857, (or 5/15 = 0.333333333), an admirable success rate for a batter, but not necessarily a team looking to post-season play. Then again, I suspect I'm better at honestly evaluating, than spinning after the fact. Still, they managed to take 2 of 3 from the Twins, after having been swept in the earlier series. (I know that's really grasping, but hope springs eternal, they say. And baseball is just a game, afterall.)
-----------
Speaking of mudducks, the Minnesota State Fair started yesterday. Happy weekend.