Friday, September 8

Clearing the cache...




Have you seen Sunshine State, by writer/director John Sayles?* Such a human film, with so many great lines. Remember Alan King's, "Nature...on a leash!" or "...but we'll miss it when it's gone..." (There are so many quotables in this film, as I've mentioned before.)

Still cracks me up when King posits "all those family farm election commercials ... shot in Canada". Here are some more shots from last week's trip north:





That's a male sumac flower already changed color, I'm speculating, plus some of those "leaves of 3; let them be" poisonous ivy or oak.



(I wear long pants and sleeves in the woods, and ignore rubbing the hands if they begin to feel tingly in the dense wood air. No touching of course, plus I've heard if you eat a lot of local honey, you build up an immunity to the pollens.) So, Itch-free nature photos: what did we do before the internet made all this easier?


Don't you love the dignity of trees, even in death and how they try to revive? The ones that fall, yet maintain leaf growth for a few additional years, or the many forms they take in their falling -- unique all, and untouched in the woods and on the water.(Yeah, I know this is a cut tree, but was referring to others that fall.)
------
*That film, and the star-studded "Noises Off" are two of my favorites, for some reason forgotten when I was creating the blogger profile.