Tuesday, September 19

Memory Lane

Amazing how easy it is to validate your memories these days.
My first concert was Waylon Jennings at ChicagoFest -- 8/8/79
I went with my family.

Around that time, he sang the Dukes of Hazzard theme song.
I had the 45 where he added the additional verse:
"I'm a good old boy. I know my mama loves me.
But she can't understand: they keep a-showing my hands,
and not my face on tv?"

Of course, you think Waylon (RIP), you think Willie.
Luckenbach Texas was another early favorite.
(Turns out it's a real place... who knew?)
"where ain't nobody feelin' no pain" -- spose that's still true?

Did you know Willie sang at Bill + Melissa Gates' wedding reception? Now ya do! See the good things that come from blog reading?

Speaking of, this is my favorite Willie song, I think. (Though this version sounds unusually slow, and his voice sounds more deeply sexy than usual, go figure.) Anyway, wouldn't this make a great soundtrack for those considering abandoning their blogs? ("Leave me if you need to... I will still remember... Angel Flying too close/to the ground...")