Wednesday, January 14

It casts a toll ... on you.

I was wondering, in reviewing the lyrics below, if some were missing. See, I always heard it as, "It casts a toll..." which also fits there context-wise.*

Same with the opening line -- to me, the English accent comes out as "Caught up in a clear blue morning." (Steve's English, right?) So, I'm gonna keep singing it my way I think since that's the way I heard it all these years.

-----

We cancelled the Milwaukee meeting tomorrow on account of the cold. Which was a good decision they made, I think. You never know, even though you can stay warm bundled in layers, about the vehicles starting up in those temps. Or if you get stranded road side.
---------------
*Really, the road theme there reminds me of Mac Davis: Life Ain't no Easy Freeway. Which is also good. But good luck finding those lyrics online, or anything on YouTube.

From memory:
"But we all have destinations, and the dust will settle down/ Cuz life ain't no easy freeway, just some gravel on the ground...