Sunday, December 13

Time to make the donuts blogposts

Time to feed the blog? Whatever, I just wanted to bump the story below. A good quiet read once through, but not a Sunday meditation. Too depressing.

Here, it's been cold -- the old car is taking a rest. Haven't tried today, but in the single digits, she just wasn't turning over for me. Not the battery, and sometimes she takes a turn or two to catch after a bit of wet weather, but I can't blame the lack of oompf in these temperatures. Self preservation at that age, no doubt. Meaning, once started you have to go, and sometimes it's best to stay put until it warms up outdoors. Not for me yet, but we're talking the car, you see...

To me, that (no car) means walking a bit. Practice and the meet here in Rice Lake, church, and with the new smaller freezer for the garden produce and venison, I haven't needed to visit the grocery, other than Kwik Trip* for bagged milk.

Walking in this weather, warm with the wool sweater and hat, it gives you time to think. And the air is cleaner, you move faster, and things are more purposeful. I'll be glad to get the car back running though (think block heater; she's earned it).

13-7 GB Chicago right now... time for a walk, perhaps a swim indoors. And let me see what I can do for a picture or two this afternoon.

---------------

* Re. Kwik Trip: I've long since gotten over my distaste at doing business in places phonetically spelled. Their gas station/convenience store competitor down the street? Kum & Go. No, it's not a truck stop.

Speaking of, what's the difference between Tiger Woods and Santa Claus? Santa stops after 3 Ho's. (An oldie, but a goodie...)