Monday, July 19

Barnett's stock drops...

in my book:

For my money, Glenn Reynolds is one of the most interesting thinkers of my generation and today’s Internet age. In Germany last week, Instapundit was #1 on my relatively short list of websites that European students should check regularly to escape the cocoon of their media–which uniformly echoes the conventional wisdom of the New York Times. (Educated Europeans do not seem to realize that everything they believe about the U.S. and beyond they share in common with the American Left and/or the talking points of the DNC; at least in my years of traveling and lecturing throughout Europe, I have yet to hear a truly novel European view. But I digress.)

Glenn combines insight and wit together with an eclectic range of interests. He demonstrates this in today’s Wall Street Journal (apparently freely available without subscription!)...

Here’s an excerpt to induce you, as someone I know says, to “read the whole thing.”:

Too ... condescending, too much groupthink, too much intellectually snuggling up for links to suit my tastes... If Glenn Reynolds is the most interesting thinker of your generation*, sounds to me like you've been hanging too much with the Hollywood swells and forgotten your roots. Deep thinker, he ain't.

Damn intellectual diversity... sacrificed at the altar of inclusion. I guess it's hard to take the Cook County clout mentality out of the man, afterall.

--------------------
*Or maybe, one of Barnett's offspring has a project going, and a good word from the blogging godfather is needed to help the success part along... (You know how these things work in the intellectual link-me! thinking game these days. That competitive, Boomer, grading-on-the-curve thang.)