Saturday, January 22

For the Love of a Lady.

You know, the old grey one that has served me so well all these years...

I neglected her. She's 200 miles over the regularly changed 3,000 mile oil interval. In this weather, that's not especially nice for an old car.

Yesterday, I considered going out to make a connection, for a quick Internet fix. But it wasn't fair, asking her to get started up on our subzero, coldest day of the year. The temps all day were climbing slowly upward, finally breaking zero at about 6pm last night. Then, some of the fluffiest snow... little moisture, but with these cold temps, it made the most of it, sizewise. I cleared my vents this morning with a strong breath, so light was this latest snowfall.

The car turned over this morning on her first try -- remember this is outside parked, with no battery warmer either. No doubt she would have done the same yesterday.

Still, sometimes you owe them a day off. And getting in for an oil change is high on my list of Saturday errands.

You get what you give, afterall.

ADDED: I predict a mini-baby boom in the Twin Cities/Wisconsin area come next Halloween. Odds are some men are currently snuggling with fertile women to keep warm. And you know what they say...

Familiarity breeds children.