Monday, September 26

Gaga Joins Savage...

in exploiting the death of one poor boy who killed himself, allegedly because he was "bullied to death."

Where is Freddie Mercury* -- a true artist -- when you need him?

"I am meeting with our President," Lady Gaga tweeted following the suicide of bullied fan Rodemeyer. "I will not stop fighting. This must end. Our generation has the power to end it. Trend it #MakeALawForJamey."

After Rodemeyer's tragic suicide, Lady Gaga wrote that she believes bullying should become a federal offense.

"Jamey Rodemeyer, 14 yrs old, took his life because of bullying," Lady Gaga tweeted Wednesday. "Bullying must become be [sic] illegal. It is a hate crime."

Rodemeyer, a 14-year-old gay male from Buffalo, made an "It Gets Better" YouTube video earlier this summer to urge outcasts and the bullied to keep going and brush off the mean kids.

"It gets better," Rodemeyer advised YouTube users in May. "Look at me, I'm doing fine. I went to the Monster ball and now I'm liberated, so it gets better."

Rodemeyer took his life a little more than a week ago. In his last blog posts he wrote about wanting to see his late great-grandmother, and thanked Lady Gaga.

Keep milking it lady.
There's a shelf life on this kind of artistry, y'know.
See ... Madonna.

------------------
* Following the enormous conjecture in the press over the last two weeks, I wish to confirm that I have been tested HIV positive and have AIDS. I felt it correct to keep this information private to date to protect the privacy of those around me. However, the time has come now for my friends and fans around the world to know the truth and I hope that everyone will join with me, my doctors, and all those worldwide in the fight against this terrible disease. My privacy has always been very special to me and I am famous for my lack of interviews. Please understand this policy will continue.


ADDED: Freddie would have turned 65 earlier this month. He was, is, a classic. Trivia note: Scott Milburn turned me on to Queen way back when. One of the few to vote, in our classroom, if we had to do away with either tv or radio, he'd keep his radio on...