Saturday, September 24

Garden Update.

Well since you asked*...
I stopped at the church gardens yesterday evening, before the game, and after picking up Buddy for the weekend. (Mal is helping somebody break down a greenhouse on land that got foreclosed on, I think, and it's not really fair to leave him in the old van all day, even if he gets out for walks and air and affection, etc. Buddy, not Mal.)

While Buddy romped at the gardens, I noted the new peas coming in, and picked and ate some broccoli. It really does taste better steamed a bit... The onions are fun to find. And there are still a few tiny baby eggplants, but I didn't bother picking them yet either.

At the community garden, the spinach continues to grow. And the celery will make for some nice tuna salad. The Thai basil continues to amaze my tastebuds; somebody tell me what the heck you do with chard? Eat the stalks or the leaves? It's still too pretty to cut -- yellows and reds and purples and greens.

The side of the gardens I lined with a flat of discounted flowers this year survived the frost too. And the rest, we've already cleaned up.

Maybe I'll have pictures tomorrow...

*Mary, Mary, quite contrary...
How does your garden grow?