Monday, July 9

"Doctor, doctor... Give Me the News..."

Whoo ... it's been hot here.  (Check it and see...)
Still, we're caught somewhere between the past floods of Duluth, and the droughts of Madison south... I was going to shoot a photo of myself in my red shorts and blue-collared shirt on the fourth, standing alongside the corn field that borders the church garden... Shoulder high, at least.

Haven't had to water -- not worth it in the heats of the past week, and there is plenty of water in the soil, owing to the periodic outbursts that cool us down.  The onions are blooming.  Lettuce is going, those leaves that never curled themselves into a protective head (some headed, some didn't.  Same variety -- was I supposed to nurture it along, into a curl?)  Regardless, it's the grazing days.  I'm eating my salads as I tend to the garden, and the Pacman broccoli, a later variety I think, is finally producing too...

How many ways can you cook collard, other than munching the tender leaves raw?  Mal did something with bacon, and his mother's wilted lettuce recipe, except he used collard... the greens are good.

Otherwise, busy busy busy.  Plenty of things getting done on the home front. 
It's summer, and the living's ... if not easy exactly, warm enough.  I've been blessed in recent days, all signs are go now, and the universe is sending me positive signals.

"Send up a signal, I'll throw you a line..."

I hope things are good where you're at, and you're working with an eye towards the future as well.  Blessed are the positive, for they always seem to multiply the life force.  (and I'm not talking in terms of numbers, either.)