Saturday, September 8

Saturday.

Harvest season, with mornings in the 50s and 60s, and the early spring this year plus dry summer leading to an early autumn.

The mother of a child down the street, who'll be celebrating her golden birthday on Oct. 5, told me the girl thinks the big day is coming soon. When the pumpkins are out, and the patches producing already, she thinks it's time.

Even if the calendar still says early September...

---------------

Yesterday, I was in Duluth. Caught some rain showers coming and going (hey -- cleaned the dusty car) and I wished I'd brought my camera for the view of the harbor from above. It was a part-time volunteer position -- they pay mileage -- on a blue-sky day.

Today, I'll try to dig up the camera and get out there snapping. But I always say: less here means Real Life is coming in first...

It really is the most wonderful time of the year:
Autumn, with the apples, honey and pumpkins. (Onions and garlic too.)  Just less commercialized.

Make it a good one, you too.