Thursday, May 1

Stimulate Demand.

Closed on the new car. I think you call it a car: Chev. HHR (looks like a PT Cruiser to me; drives like a sedan.)
Heated seats, sun/moonroof, all electric, only 65,000 miles. (The Malibu had 140-some thousand miles when it went, and the Corsica over 200,000 miles, well into the teens, when we parted last winter. Not all the miles mine -- both were used -- but enough.)

At first I was thinking, when I got it home here today, this is too much car/too many interior "extras" for me. But the leather seats fold, the storage is something for the gas mileage, and the price was right.

All the paperwork was in the glove box too, and Mal had checked out the chassis when they had it up. Enough engine for me too, same as the Malibu.

I really hope this car carries me far this year: often, I've been like the Biblical servant, burying my talents to keep them secure and safely intact in the long run. But of course if you know the story, chapter and verse: when the Master returns one day and asks to see what you've to show for His investments, you want to be the one who has invested and grown the trust He placed in you, nevermind squandered what you were blessed to receive...


Plenty more to do today;
just wanted to share the good news,
be thankful and update.