Tuesday, October 21

Ministry: Everyday is Halloween.

Words you know by heart... no?

Well I('ve) live(d) with snakes and lizards and
other things that go Bump in the night but to me
every day is Halloween I've given up hiding and
started to fight...
Well any time any place any where that I go
all the people seem to stop and stare ( . . .  )
they say, "Why R U dressed like it's Halloween?
You look so absurd.  You look so obscene . . . "

(Everyday Is) Halloween" is track #3 on the album Twelve Inch Singles (1981-1984).


I'm a fairly dapper dresser myself, actually.  When I try. 
Lately I('ve) been trying, many things.  Today?  I took an express bus, even.  Honestly?  The bus driver was a better driver than me.*  That is saying something there.  Knew which lanes to pick when.  Plus when to resort, legally, to the shoulder.**  He charged the holes assertively, not aggressively, which is much easier if you've got a bus behind you.  People respect size, it's true.  And you do need to drive assertively in rush-hour traffic too.  If you're gonna pass, pass.  Then get over.  Don't drive alongside, especially semis.  Pockets people, pockets.  But... that's all behind me.
 
*exhaling* 10-ride ticket.  
It was clean, the people looked like you could look at them/past them easily, coming and going.  Nice views.  A comfortable ride from the outskirts of western Wisconsin to down scraping*** town Minneapolis...  
I like it.  (and it's not even payday yet ;-)
 =========================
* The return trip, I mean.  It was too dark, and I was too nauseous from the shoulder driving this morning to notice his performance.
** 2014.  America, greatest country in the world, where we've got money to burn and can afford to arm every beggar in the world, it seems, and we're still driving the shoulders as a rush-hour metro transit solution, resorting to patchwork solutions... oy vey.

*** That's not a diss.  They got buildings kissing the skies here, like in Chicago.  Who knew? (we were this close?)