Sunday, October 5

The Importance of Sun Screen.

(or at least, a floppy hat.)
A new exhibition of photographs of four sisters, taken over 40 years, will soon be on display at The Museum of Modern Art (MOMA).

Mimi, second from the left in all the photos, appears to have aged the best.

The women remind me of the East Coast Kennedy clan:  their lined faces show their exposure to the sun and salt air.

The photographer's wife, Bebe -- second from right -- appears to be the eldest, the fairest, and perhaps has had the most health issues over the years.

At least one of them, in the group, is a lesbian...

{Please don't find fault with my artistic analysis.  The personal nature of the photos invites such speculation, no?  What do you see here?  Are you pragmatically analyzing their faces and poses, like me?  Or looking at the Izod shirts and harkening back to earlier times... when the Boomers were young, vigor was everywhere, and the people wore tube socks?)

I love art too.

ADDED:
 I wonder what those girls from Eight is Enough are doing these days...  one died already, I know.