Monday, March 21

Monday Morning: You Sure Look Fine...

Not a warm, but a wonderful weekend
here in Wisconsin.  I've stocked up on spring
water from the tap, and we'll be back at a
holiday-shortened workweek soon enough.

Now just to prepare for the watercooler conversation
(I work with liberals), the facts we all can agree on
are:  a black male supporter of Donald Trump's
became enraged upon seeing two protester's
at a weekend rally, one sporting a KuKluxKlan hood.
He smacked and stomped the one man, not wearing
the hood.  Those are the facts, right?

I don't condone violence, but I wish we had a more
consistent policy about bullying, provocation and condemning
violence.  I still remember that immigrant storekeeper in
Ferguson who was pushed around before the cigarillos
were taken.  And I've seen youths walking down the
middle of the roads, daring cars to go around them...

Violence doesn't pay, and we've all got to respect decent
rules of civility so our tribal instincts don't kick in and
we're ruling not from logic but from primal identities and
separatist agendas...

Make it a great Monday, people!  I hope everyone is
well rested and ready to get back to work... lots left
undone, it seems.