Friday, March 4

Some People Stay Far Away from the Door...

if there's a chance of it opening up.
They hear a voice in the hall outside
and hope that it just passes by...

Some people live with the fear of a touch
and the anger of having been a fool.
They will not listen to anyone so
nobody tells them a lie.

I know don't want to hear what I say.
I know you're going to keep turning away.
But I've been there and if I can survive
I can keep you alive. I'm not above
going through it again.

I'm not above being cool for a while.
If you're cruel to me, I understand.

Some people shrink from a possible fight.
Some people just accept the world as it is.

But I'm not willing to lay down and die
because I am an Innocent Man.
I Am...
an Innocent Man.
Oh yes I am, an innocent man.
~ Billy Joel (with liberties, and Liberty DeVitto...)
--------------------

Happy Friday, friends.
Keep on spinning the old tunes.