Thursday, August 2

Winning, Losing, and How You Play the Game...

“I got a text late last night something happened in 2015. And there was nothing. Once again, there’s nothing. I don’t know who creates a story like that,” Meyer said on Tuesday morning.

“I can’t say it didn’t happen because I wasn’t there. I was never told about anything, there was never anything came to light. We never had a conversation about it. So I know nothing about it. The first I heard about it was last night and I called some people back at the office to call and see what happened and they came back and said they know nothing.”
Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer has been placed on a leave of absence by the school administration as they investigate allegations that he knew of domestic violence -- physical spousal abuse --  perpetrated by one of his assistant coaches, and ... did nothing.
“It’s a very personal matter. The decision was made. I think the details that I’m obligated to give, I gave. You’re talking about people’s lives, et cetera. So the decision was made. It’s time to move forward,” he said.
Smith
Zach Smith
I hope a complete and honest investigation is forthcoming, and the needs of the football program are put first, even when they contradict the personal needs of Smith and Meyer to bury the story.

If there is abuse -- and denial, drum out the violent who can't compartmentalize their actions to the game. And the ignorant, who cannot distinguish between games and real life...

"For what does a man win if he gains the whole world but loses his soul?"