Tuesday, September 11

Pro: "Never Forget"

The Artistic, and Natural, Con:

Pile the bodies high at Austerlitz and Waterloo.
Shovel them under and let me work—
I am the grass; I cover all.
 
And pile them high at Gettysburg
And pile them high at Ypres and Verdun.
Shovel them under and let me work.
 
Two years, ten years, and passengers ask the conductor:
What place is this?
Where are we now?
 
I am the grass.
Let me work.

------------------------

Seventeen years on,  trillions spent and millions of lives lost and displaced, and America still cannot control our geographic borders...

I'm a defensive fighter myself.
You don't need a strong attack offense if you can play solid defense.  Generally, you score less, but you are a stronger fighter in your overall win-loss record.

Killing off  a power play ... it strengthens a person.  Killing off two or three in one game...  you come out, and you score.  You're a stronger player when you can defend, and your team is better for it.
Two years, ten years, and passengers ask the conductor:
What place is this?
Where are we now?
 
I am the grass.
Let me work.