Friday, October 16

First Snowfall of the Year!

 Always a beautiful sight, the first one (big fat flurries, affecting visibility and dampening my Irish wood sweater, cleaned as a birthday gift from my mother, and looking brand spanking new!  She brought it back for me in 1998...)

We'll also have another First Snowfall in my mind, though.  When the stuff sticks, and adds up to inches, and you can go out in boots and play around in it.  That will come next month, I think, or in December.  This was just inspiring, causing people looking out the windows to say, "It's snowing!", as the fat flakes whirled and dampened hair and clothing and required the wipers in the car to be on...

37 degrees after the cool down yesterday, they called this one, predicting snow on Thursday (yesterday) but you still really don't believe it until you see it, and it's magical every single year!  Thank you God for all your gifts, the natural ones especially.  We appreciate and praise your glory!