Thursday, July 29

Pro-Choice

People are ripping on Cole Beasley for not making the popular choice and thinking independently for himself (the horrors!), but... can we be prescient?

Women (and men) who support abortion should understand that when a popular culture overrides the "my body, my choice" principle for society's greater good, something changes across the board. I'm okay with that, the logical consequences.  You?

"I'm not anti or pro vax. I'm pro choice," Beasley said in a statement Wednesday. "The issue at hand is information is being withheld from players in order for a player to be swayed in a direction that he may not be comfortable with.

"When dealing with a player's health and safety, there should be complete transparency regarding information... we have to know we are armed with full knowledge and understanding that those who are in position to help us will always do that based on our individual situation."