Thursday, March 20

Speaking of Andrew...

I hesitate to accuse him of hitting the bottle again, and I'm not sure if he's got a medical marijuana prescription to help with his often-discussed medical condition, but I really am hoping this is somehow a chemically enhanced pretty thought, and he's not thinking seriously in linking.

Some see the enormous potential that Obama has to transform global politics:

"We Israelis traditionally look at the candidates of a US election through the very specific prism of "whether or not he or she would be good for Israel." Some of my friends were surprised that I was so enthusiastic about Obama: "Clinton would be much better for us," they claimed. But I believe that what is good for Israel is a US president who is good for the world. A US president with whom the Palestinian boys would identify would make Israel, and the whole world, more secure. It would inspire people everywhere to embrace what America represents - modernity, freedom, civil society, and democracy. I will be watching this election very closely because all six billion of us will be affected. And while I can't vote for Obama myself, I will certainly pray that Americans will."


I mean, "A US president with whom the Palestinian boys would identify?? Bwah-ha-ha-ha! You've got to be kidding me. The impoverished kids in Gaza are going to suddenly go pro-America because "he's got darker skin, like me" Is that the thinking? And you linked it, Andrew? Maybe it's happy pills he's taking, or an early holiday celebration...

November can't come soon enough to end this silly season. I'm all having my moments of hopin' and wishin' too, but the consequences in the end to be paid when you're not grounded in reality can prove pretty painful. And that one was the dumbest I think I've heard all campaign season.