Monday, October 26

Americans Vote on Voting Day in America...

 I understand the pandemic has created a new class of alleged "vulnerables" and this election year, the pandemic fear is playing a big role in influencing our elections.  As if a president who locked down the borders could have done more to urge the local governors to contain the spread nationwide from their own regions. (Looking at you globalist New York...)

But enough already about, "If you haven't voted yet, you're a bad person."

Election Day is next week, November 3.  I am more confident my vote will be less manipulated, and timely counted, by appearing in person and voting, as I have done in most elections in my adult lifetime.

It's great that people like my elderly parents are able to early in-person vote, or even have the option of voting from home and dropping their ballots off to be counted.  (Shudder:  I don't trust the U.S. Postal Service to timely deliver the mail and take over this role:  too many former military and civil servants working that gub'mint job and accepting non-superior results for my taste...)

If you needed special help this year, or your fear of illness and death kept you from waiting, I don't mind as a taxpayer footing the cost, but to turn the results over to the polls, and see that the Bidens are already measuring for the curtains and planning the holiday meals?

I suspect in many "swing states", traditionalists like myself will be casting our ballots on Election Day, as we have traditionally done in the past.

Our votes will count, timely.

No need to extend the deadlines, after the day's results are in, to permit ballots to be entered up to a week later.  No need to rely on bug-eyed men (remember Florida Man?) being paid to count, count and re-count like we saw in the Bush/Gore fiasco in 2000.  

Clean elections.  Like taxes, the more opportunity you give people to manipulate the system, the more they will take.

November 3.  Our votes count then too.  Never Forget.